- The National Student Clearinghouse, a non-profit organization, was founded by the higher education community in 1993.
- Only the Clearinghouse offers access to a nationwide coverage of enrollment and degree records — encompassing more than 130 million students and growing.
- Our secondary education research initiative, launched in 2009, will provide the first national secondary education research and reporting system.
- The research arm of the Clearinghouse, the National Student Clearinghouse Research Center, was created in 2010.
- More than 3,400 colleges and universities, enrolling over 96% of all students in public and private U.S. institutions, participate in the Clearinghouse
- Our degree verification service, DegreeVerify, represents over 85% of U.S. four-year degrees.
- Nearly 3,000 institutions participate in our enrollment verification service, EnrollmentVerify, representing over 90% of currently enrolled U.S. college students.
- Hundreds of high school districts and thousands of high schools participate in the Clearinghouse.
- All guarantors and most major student loan lenders and servicers participate in the Clearinghouse.
- Thousands of the nation's largest employers, recruiters and background search firms have contracted with the Clearinghouse to perform secure, online academic verifications.
- The Clearinghouse performs more than 700 million electronic student record verifications annually.
- Nearly 3 million degrees are confirmed through DegreeVerify each year.
- More than 1 million enrollment verifications are performed through EnrollmentVerify each year.
- Transcripts are requested for nearly 2 million recipients each year via our Transcript Ordering service.
- Our free Student Self-Service program is used by more than 2 million students each year.